Michael Vick and his wife, Kijafa, met in January 2002 at a nightclub in Virginia. Michael was already a professional football player for the Atlanta Falcons, while Kijafa was still in college. The couple’s relationship blossomed over the years, and they supported each other through thick and thin. In 2007, Michael was arrested and convicted of dogfighting charges and Kijafa stood by him through the entire ordeal. So to the world, the story of Michael Vick is a story of redemption, forgiveness, and second chances. But his love story is one of perseverance, determination, and commitment.
Research and Resources:
- Finally Free: An Autobiography by Michael Vick, Brett Honeycutt, and Stephen Copeland, foreword by Tony Dungy – https://tinyurl.com/yc49yua6
- I Am Woman Podcast – https://tinyurl.com/2nvc8xkk
- “Featured WAG: Kijafa Vick – The Epitome of A Boss” – https://tinyurl.com/44hzzkyh
- “Vick suspended indefinitely after filing plea” – https://tinyurl.com/3k333csb
- “Vick Sentenced to 23 Months in Dogfighting Case” by Kathy Lohr – https://tinyurl.com/4andx7y9
- “Atlanta” by Michael Vick – https://tinyurl.com/5ycd8hz4
- “Vick Marries Longtime Fiancee In Miami” by Eliot Shorr Parks – https://tinyurl.com/yrvmhk38
- Michael Vick: The Path to Greatness & the Long Road to Redemption | A Football Life – https://tinyurl.com/mtvdf5zn
Aisle Tell You What is a weekly podcast that shares the weddings, marriages, and romances of Black figures throughout time. We bask on these relationships not to be messy but to remind you of the passion in our past and to humanize the people we put on pedestals. Basically, it’s all love… Black History. Aisle Tell You What is brought to you by Hueido.
Hueido is a media brand that adds color to Black weddings and marriage from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.