You don’t often see Black couples elope. COVID-19 changed that, of course, but even our elopements weren’t shown in mainstream publications or channels. Well, let’s meet Jasmine and Peter Darbey. Their wedding looked like a styled shoot.
These two were planning their 2021 wedding in Mexico and then the pandemic happened. Within weeks, they ditched that plan and opted for a small elopement with friends in Joshua Tree, a place they’d never been to before. They talked us through those motions, their safety plan, and how they made this day so perfect. Also, look at Black people falling in love in LA and getting married at Joshua Tree — representation is real!
Episode Special Guests:
- Jasmine Darbey: @jasminesloanel
- Peter Darbey, Jr.: @peterdarbeyjr.
- ALSO: Don’t forget to buy home goods from Jasmine’s Lololi Home Etsy shop!
Wedding Vendors Love:
- Uriel Photography (Park City photographer)
- Baby Loves Sweetery (North Hollywood & Los Angeles-based vegan & soy-free baker)
- The Productionista (NYC-based month-of wedding coordinator/manager)
- Fallon Carter Events (New York-based wedding planner)
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to Hue I Do wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Give us a review on Apple Podcasts, please! Also, give us some stars on Spotify!
- Add and find previous guests and wedding vendors we love on Find with Hue I Do.
- Follow Hue I Do on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and TikTok.
We are eternally thankful to CRMG Studios for producing our early episodes and @KParyo on IG for the intro music & advice.