Walter Payton is widely regarded as one of the greatest football players of all time. He played running back for the Chicago Bears for 13 seasons, from 1975 to 1987, even winning a Super Bowl with them. However, despite his family-friendly persona, he had flaws in his marriage and romances, most of which were revealed after his death in 1999.
Research and Resources:
- Sweetness: The Enigmatic Life of Walter Payton by Jeff Pearlman – https://tinyurl.com/mjam2cvv
- Never Die Easy: The Autobiography of Walter Payton by Walter Payton and Don Yaeger – https://tinyurl.com/3k6bfcsf
- Payton by Connie Payton, Jarrett Payton, and Brittney Payton – https://tinyurl.com/mrxdavxn
- Walter & Me: Standing in the Shadow of Sweetness by Eddie Payton – https://tinyurl.com/k3a3hvwr
- “Sweetness left a legacy of love” by Larry Mayer – https://tinyurl.com/27v53d3m
- “Ebony Visits Payton’s Place” – https://tinyurl.com/3veewv3n
- “Wives of Sports Superstars” by Pamela Noel – https://tinyurl.com/yh3jk6vf
- “Honoring Walter Payton by Registering as Organ Donors” by Toni Monkovic – https://tinyurl.com/2p8wmw58
- “MIKE DITKA DOUBLES DOWN ON WALTER PAYTON SUPER BOWL REGRET: ‘GROSS MISTAKE’” by Zach Dean – https://tinyurl.com/3fp4499d
Aisle Tell You What is a deep dive at some of the most epic and memorable weddings and marriages throughout Black History. Our journey down memory lane isn’t meant with malintent, but from a place of nostalgia, inspiration, and realism. Aisle Tell You What is brought to you by Hueido.
Hueido is a media brand that adds color to Black weddings and marriage from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.