Marvin Gaye was such a talented musician and singer known for his soulful, sensual, and romantic music. However, his personal life was not always as harmonious as his songs. Marvin had two marriages: one to Anna Gordy and the other to Janis Hunter — both of which ended in divorce. In addition to that, there were other relationships that definitely impacted and heavily influenced his life. We’re going to be talking about all of that this week on Aisle Tell You What.
References & Resources: To learn more about these couples, look into the following:
- After the Dance: My Life with Marvin Gaye by Jan Gaye and David Ritz – https://tinyurl.com/yde98dj5
- Divided Soul: The Life Of Marvin Gaye by David Ritz – https://a.co/d/hElJSWm
- Mercy, Mercy Me: The Art, Loves and Demons of Marvin Gaye by Michael Eric Dyson – https://a.co/d/7UIeTQv
- “Marvin Gaye Shocks Public with Record About Ex-Wife” – https://tinyurl.com/mvdfuxtv
- “Marvin Gaye’s White Live-In Mate Suffers Miscarriage” – https://tinyurl.com/4edn76kc
Aisle Tell You What is a weekly podcast that shares the weddings, marriages, and romances of notable Black figures throughout time. We bask on these relationships to remind you of the passion in our past and to give grace to the individuals we put on pedestals. Basically, it’s all love Black History. Aisle Tell You What is brought to you by Hueido.
Hueido is a media brand that adds color to Black weddings and marriage from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Listen to Aisle Tell You What wherever you listen to podcasts: https://bit.ly/HueIDoPod
- Talk to me https://bit.ly/HueIDoContact
- Follow on Instagram https://bit.ly/ATYWinsta
- Follow on Twitter https://bit.ly/ATYWTwitter
- Follow on TikTok https://bit.ly/ATYWtiktok
- Donate/tip https://tinyurl.com/5e9b7rtd
- Shop aisletell.com
- ATYW Amazon Wish List https://tinyurl.com/53edh8uj
- Email Aisle Tell You What at aisle[at]hueido.com